Ordnance Factory Bhandara is situated at Jawaharnagar in Tahsil and District Bhandara in the State of Maharashtra on Kolkata-Mumbai National Highway No. 6 at 18 kms west of Bhandara township and 55 kms east of Nagpur City. The well connected Railway Station of Nagpur is 55 Kms and Bhandara Road is 28 kms from Jawaharnagar.
2. The area is surrounded by Satpura Mountain ranges. The confluence of Vainganga, Aam, Jam, Sur and Kanhan Rivers at Ambhora, about 40 kilometers away, is a famous tourist spot. The calm, clean and green environment surrounds not only the factory and estate but also the neighbouring hamlets, village and town ships. The place and region have unique mythological, religious, historical and tourist importance.
3. The factory is a pioneer in Explosive and Chemical Group of Factories. It has multidimensional product-matrix ranging from Acids to High Explosives and various propellants with highest quality standards. The quality management system of the Factory conforms to ISO-9001 standard. The testing facilities in its well-equipped laboratories have been accreditated by NABL.
4. The vast well-maintained Estate with 2677 quarters meet the housing needs of the employees to a very high level of satisfaction. Two well-built market complexes with daily vegetable market cater not only to the needs of the estate populace but also of the several nearby villages. The Unit Run Military Canteen, Co-operative Credit Society and Co-operative Society Stores well serve the residents of the Estate.
5. A Kendriya Vidyalaya and a Factory School alongwith two KG Schools run by WWA sufficiently meet the schooling needs of the Estate children. A 40-bedded Hospital provides medical care to the employees and their families. Two Clubs and other organisations regularly organise social and cultural programmes for the residents. The rich Vivekanand Library is frequently visited by the literary gentry. The State and National level sports tournaments organised in the Estate attract not only top class athletes but also spectators from far-off places.
6. The activities of WWA running various vocational and hobby classes, coaching classes and Computer education benefit a large number of employees and their families. A SubPost Office and a Branch of State Bank of India Provide adequate service to the Estate residents. Two well equipped Guest Houses with all necessary comforts and high class service are lucrative enough for anybody to put in a few days of stay here.
7. The Factory is continuously marching on the path of success by meeting the requirements of the Armed Forces of the Nation and also significantly contributing to the socio-economic and cultural development of the region.